The next VVPA monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, September 18 at 7:00 pm at The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, the VVPA monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Agenda
7:00–7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10–7:20pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:20–8:45pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Meet and Greet with candidates for Jersey City Board of Education
- Each candidate will receive 5 minutes to introduce themselves and their platform.
- Developer Presentation
- Developer: Michael Mecca
- Proposed Mixed Use Development Project in the Bates Street Redevelopment Plan
Community Networking to follow
Upcoming: At our October 16 meeting, Ward E Councilperson James Solomon will address the membership.
Upcoming Community Events
- Looking Forward: Remembering Meredith Lippman– September 14, 7-11 PM, Nimbus Dance Works
- VVP Farmers Market– Saturdays 8AM-3:30PM
- Free Boot Camp – Tuesdays, 7:15 AM, Meet at VVP Gazebo
- East District Captains Meeting – 4th Tuesday of every month; 7pm at M.S. 4 library. Contact JCPD East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370; email@example.com) for more information
To feature a community event in our newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution through the VVPA website, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email email@example.com.