VVPA Newsletter – May 201810 May 2018, Posted by Meeting Agendas in
The next VVPA monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 15 at 7:00 pm in The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, the VVPA monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
May Meeting Agenda
Stop by and have a glass a wine on us, while you meet neighbors and learn about what’s going on here in your historic neighborhood! Wine tasting provided by our friends at Jersey Wines & Spirits!
7:00–7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10–7:20pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:20–8:30pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Presentation by Natasha Ioffe (Center Street Block Association) onpetition to rename Gateway Park (Merseles & Grand St) for late JCPD Lt. Christopher Robateau
- Presentation on PILOTs – Alex Torpey
Upcoming Community Events
News You Can Use
- Voter Registration Deadline – Tuesday, May 15
- Job Fair for Experienced RNs – Wednesday, May 16, Christ Hospital –Interested candidates should contact Dana Doyle (dana.doyle@carepointhealth.
- Jersey City Reval – Deadline to file formal appeals extended to June 18
- East District Captain’s Meetings – 4th Tuesday of every month at 7pm (MS4 Library on Bright St.; location subject to change). Community members can discuss crime/crime trends, quality of life issues, and other safety/security concerns with the JCPD. For more information on upcoming meetings, contact JCDP East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370; dlionakis@
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution through the VVPA website, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.