VVPA Newsletter – April 201813 Apr 2018, Posted by Meeting Agendas in
The next VVPA monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 17 at 7:00 pm in The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, the VVPA monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Details & Agenda
Stop by and have a glass a wine on us, while you meet neighbors and learn about what’s going on here in your historic neighborhood! Wine tasting provided by our friends at Jersey Wines & Spirits!
7:00pm – 7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10pm – 7:20pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:20pm – 8:00pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Speakers TBA
Upcoming Community Events
- JC Walks Community Meeting — Thursday, April 19 – 6:30-8 PM
- City Hall Council Chambers
- Great Jersey City Clean-Up — Saturday, April 28, 10 AM – 2 PM
- Ward E: Enos Jones Park
News You Can Use
- Resources for the Reval – To prepare downtown residents for the property tax revaluation results, Councilman Solomon has made a presentation andadditional resources available online. The VVPA has reached out to several other individuals to speak to us regarding the reval and appeals process.
- East District Captain’s Meetings – 4th Tuesday of every month at 7pm(MS4 Library on Bright St.; location subject to change). Community members can discuss crime/crime trends, quality of life issues, and other safety/security concerns with the JCPD. For more information on upcoming meetings, contact JCDP East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
As always, we try to bring you as many items of interest that affect our community. If you have any items that are important to share, please email vvpanews@gmail.
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution through the VVPA website, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email email@example.com.