March 2018 VVPA Monthly Newsletter16 Mar 2018, Posted by Meeting Agendas in
The next VVPA monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 20 at 7:00 pm in The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, the VVPA monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Details & Agenda
Stop by and have a glass a wine on us, while you meet neighbors and learn about what’s going on here in your historic neighborhood! Wine tasting provided by our friends at Jersey Wines & Spirits!
7:00pm – 7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10pm – 7:20pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:20pm – 8:50pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Amira Rachouh — Jersey City Community Solutions
- Dixon Projects — presentation by Dana Opeikun and Megan Traub
Upcoming Community Events
- Spring Egg Hunt in Van Vorst Park — Saturday, March 24, 11 AM
- Rain date: Sunday, March 25
- Ward E Community Meeting — Wednesday, April 4, 6:30 pm – City Hall
- Resources for the Reval – To prepare downtown residents for the property tax revaluation results, Councilman Solomon has made a presentation and additional resources available online. The VVPA has reached out to several other individuals to speak to us regarding the reval and appeals process.
- East District Captain’s Meetings – 4th Tuesday of every month at 7pm(MS4 Library on Bright St.; location subject to change). Community members can discuss crime/crime trends, quality of life issues, and other safety/security concerns with the JCPD. For more information on upcoming meetings, contact JCDP East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370 / email@example.com)
As always, we try to bring you as many items of interest that affect our community. If you have any items that are important to share, please email vvpanews@gmail.
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution through the VVPA website, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
Thanks to our Generous Sponsors!
We’d like to thank our sponsors Dixon Leasing: a subsidiary of Dixon Advisory and Barrow Mansion Development Corporation for their generous donations and Jersey Wine & Spirits for their sponsorship. And we always love working with Friends of Van Vorst Park!
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.