June 2017 Monthly Meeting Reminder
Just a friendly reminder that the next VVPA monthly meeting is tonight, Tuesday, June 20th at 7:00pm in The Barrow Mansion, located at 83 Wayne St. We’ve got a great agenda and some important updates to share with you, so see you there!
Monthly Meeting Details & Agenda
Whether you are new to the neighborhood or a long-time resident, this is YOUR COMMUNITY. Stop by and have a glass a wine on us, while you meet neighbors and learn about what’s going on here in your historic neighborhood! Wine tasting to be provided by our friends at Jersey Wines & Spirits!
As usual, our agenda is full of awesome guest speakers and great topics. This month’s meeting features a meet & greet with the owners of Sol Azteca, who plan to move into the space at 328 Montgomery St. Additionally, Joe Cunha, City Engineer and Andrew Vischio, Director of Traffic & Engineering will discuss the downtown traffic study and how traffic will be mitigated in connection with the Turnpike extension project. Assemblywoman Angela McKnight and Wards E & F Councilpersons Candice Osborne and Jermaine Robinson will be present to listen to community concerns regarding traffic/safety. Additionally, Tony Borelli and Katie Brennan from Bike JC will be available to comment on how the Grand Street redesign will intersect with the extension project.
7:00pm – 7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Oona Moore
7:10pm – 7:25pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:25pm – 7:45pm – Old Business/New Business
- Call for Volunteers
- Events committee
- VVPA Farmers Market Welcome Table
- Please sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org or let a board member know that you are interested in volunteering
- Community input is welcomed for any other new issues/concerns affecting our community, as well as ideas for topics or speakers at upcoming meetings
7:45pm – 8:50pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- 7:45pm – 7:55pm – Sol Azteca
- 7:55pm – 8:20pm – Downtown Traffic Study, Traffic impact – Turnpike extension project: Joe Cunha, Andrew Vischio
- 8:20pm – 8:45pm – Open Discussion Turnpike extension project, Downtown Traffic Study and Grand Street Re-Design
- 8:45pm – 9:00pm – Announcements & Community networking