VVPA Monthly Meeting Reminder16 May 2016, Posted by Updates in
Just a reminder that the next VVPA monthly meeting is tomorrow (Tuesday, May 17th) at 7:00 PM in The Barrow Mansion, located at 83 Wayne St. See you there!
Monthly Meeting Details & Agenda
Whether you are new to the neighborhood or a long-time resident, this is YOUR COMMUNITY. Stop by and have a glass a wine on us, while you meet neighbors and learn about what’s going on here in your historic neighborhood!
This month’s meeting features a meet and greet with James Shea, Director of the Department of Public Safety for the City of Jersey City (rescheduled from last month), along with guest speakers June Jones from the Morris Canal/Lafayette Neighborhood for a meet & greet, and Bridget D’Souza discussing the Team Wilderness program.
7:00pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Oona Moore
7:05pm – 7:30pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:30pm – 8:00pm – New Business – Community input is welcomed for any new issues/concerns affecting our community.
- Maureen Crowley of the Embankment Preservation Coalition – Donation Request
8:00pm – 8:50pm – Guest Speakers
- James Shea, Director, Department of Public Safety – Meet & Greet
- June Jones, Community Activist from the Morris Canal/Lafayette Neighborhood – meet & greet as part of the VVPA’s “Meet Your Neighbors Initiative”
- Brigid D’Souza, Community Activist, discussing the “Team Wilderness” program (a new program aimed at bringing JC high school aged kids on outdoor / wilderness events, like hiking, kayaking, etc)
8:50pm – 9:00pm – Announcements & Community networking
CORRECTION TO MAY NEWSLETTER: In the May newsletter, we incorrectly stated that Tuesday, May 17th is NJ Primary Day. Primary date June 7th, registration ends May 17th.